You can leave the egg off, or use bacon lardons instead of chorizo, if you prefer. A great, gooey, savoury-sweet plateful.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned, chopped into pieces
- 100g chorizo, sliced a little thicker than a £1 coin
- 2 large eggs
- Small handful of coriander leaves, optional
- Sprinkling of smoked paprika, optional
- Baby leaves, such as spinach
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/mark 6. Bake the sweet potatoes in a foil-lined tin for about 30 minutes (though I find cooking time varies according to the texture of the variety you are using).
- When the potatoes are nearly cooked, heat 1tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and sauté the mushrooms briskly over a fairly high heat. Season. (Mushrooms give out a lot of moisture when they cook, so make sure these juices have evaporated.) Scrape into a bowl and keep warm. Add 1/2tbsp more oil to the pan and brown the chorizo on both sides. Add to the mushrooms.
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry the eggs, scooping hot oil up over the yolks to help them cook.
- Split each potato lengthways to open them up. Spoon the mushrooms and chorizo inside the potatoes and scatter with the coriander, if using. Top with the fried eggs, sprinkling on a little smoked paprika if you want, and serve with baby leaves, such as spinach.
DISCLAIMER: (NO COPYRIGHT INTENTIONS, FOR SUPPORT AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY)
I do not own ANY of the soundtrack, property and rights for audio/ video go to the OWNER. If any content owners would like their images/video removed, Please Message me and I will do so. No copyright infringement intended. Copyright reserved to the respected owner(s) of this video and copyright parties.Thank you for being considerate.
Source: [House and Garden]