The chocolate adds deep flavour and a rich glossy finish to this dish.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dark muscovado sugar
- 150g Venezuelan dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Bunch of coriander leaves (about 25g)
- 4 banana shallots, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 4 organic, free-range chicken thighs
- 4 organic, free-range chicken drumsticks
- Juice and zest of 3 oranges
- 3 fresh red chillies, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons dried mulatto chillies (or any other mild chillies)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- In a casserole dish, sauté the shallots and the garlic in the olive oil, then add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Add the orange juice and zest, fresh and dried chillies, coriander seeds, tomatoes and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Pop on the lid and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, lift out the chicken and stir the chocolate into the remaining sauce. Serve with the sauce smothered over the chicken with generous amounts of chopped or torn coriander leaves.
DISCLAIMER: (NO COPYRIGHT INTENTIONS, FOR SUPPORT AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY)
I do not own ANY of the soundtrack, property and rights for audio/ video go to the OWNER. If any content owners would like their images/video removed, Please Message me and I will do so. No copyright infringement intended. Copyright reserved to the respected owner(s) of this video and copyright parties.Thank you for being considerate.
Source: [House and Garden]